How to Create Lady Gaga’s Oscars Hairstyle With Joico
Lady Gaga took home the Oscar for “Shallow” for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards, along with co-writers Mark Ronson, Andrew Wyatt and Anthony Rossomondo. “There’s a discipline for passion,” shared Gaga in her acceptance speech. “And it’s not about how many times you get rejected, you fall down, or you’re beaten. It’s about how many times you stand up, are brave, and you keep going.”
Gaga’s classic upswept updo was created by stylist Frédéric Aspiras using Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield. Here’s how he created the stunning look:
How To Create Lady Gaga’s Oscar Hairstyle
1. Prep hair with Joico Defy Damage Protective Shampoo followed by Joico Defy Damage Protective Masque for five minutes.
2. Towel dry.
3. Apply 2 -3 pumps of Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield and comb through using GHD wide-tooth comb.
4. Apply 1-2 pumps of Joico Blonde LIFE Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil to damp hair, creating super shine and softness. Comb through with a GHD paddle brush.
5.Section hair into small sections, and use GHD Air Blow Dryer and GHD Natural Bristle Brush Size 2 to dry hair away from the face.
6. Using GHD Soft Curl Iron, curl hair from mid-shaft to ends, creating a loose soft curl.
7. Allow the curls to cool while loose.
8. Spray hair at the crown and throughout curls with Joico Hair Shake while loosening up curls with GHD Large Paddle Brush.
9. Gather hair up into two ponytails (one large and one small). Create a larger ponytail at the crown and a small one at the back of head.
10. Back comb and shape into a wavy bun.
11. Define curls with GHD Curve Classic Wave Wand.
12. Create volume at top of head.
[Images courtesy of Joico/Getty Images]