5 Tips for Preventing Your Hair Color From Fading
We all love a good hair day, and having great hair color makes it that much easier to have one. But even if your colorist has helped you achieve your dream color, that hue can quickly fade without proper at-home care. In the summer, it's even harder to maintain hair color with all the time spent lounging in the sun and in the pool. We spoke to celebrity colorist Marco Pelusi to get his tips on preventing your hair color from fading, especially in the summer!
Marco Pelusi’s 5 Tips for Protecting Summer Hair Color
1. Always use shampoo that is safe for and built to protect color-treated hair.
Marco's Product Tip: Marco Color Health Shampoo is built to prevent premature color fade.
2. Always, at the very least, wet your hair before stepping into a pool. The ideal thing to do is to saturate your hair with lots of conditioner to provide a barrier between your hair and the chlorine.
3. Stay out of the sun as much as possible. Wear a hat. Apply hair products that contain sunscreen. Sunlight will fade color.
Marco's Product Tip: Add Marco Color Smoothing Gloss for shine and sheen and sun protection on the ends of your colored tresses.
4. Deep condition your hair as much as possible. By replenishing the missing moisture in your hair, you will keep the hair is ideal condition, and keep the color longer.
Marco's Product Tip: Marco Color Hydrate Conditioner is a must for a deep conditioning.
5. Apply a heat protectant before you style your hair. The more you apply heat styling to the hair, the better chance you have of hair color fadage. Protect against this with a heat protectant in your styling agents.
Marco's Product Tip: Marco Anti Frizz Leave In Conditioner is ideal.
To learn more about Marco Products visit marcopelusi.com.